Hellenic Fusion Research Unit (HellasFusion)
Research lines at HellasFusion
- Plasma kinetic theory and simulations.
- MHD equilibrium and stability studies.
- Modelling of energetic particles. Fast ion losses and runaway electrons.
- RF wave propagation for optimization of the DEMO EC system.
- Diagnostics and experimental data analysis in JET, TCV and ASDEX-U.
Gyrotron modelling and design
- Advanced modelling of DEMO-relevant gyrotrons
- Cavity and beam-tunnel designs for W7-X gyrotrons
- Neutronic calculations and measurements for the validation of nuclear codes and data
- Neutron detectors
- Occupational radiological hazard estimations in DEMO
- Structural, high heat flux and functional materials (physical, structural, mechanical and radiological properties)
- Radiation damage studies
Fuelling and plasma-wall interaction
There are 60 university faculty members, researchers, technicians, PhD candidates and post-docs distributed among the various Research Centres and Universities participating in HellasFusion.
National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos” (NCSRD)
NCSRD Fusion Technology Group: https://ftg.demokritos.gr/research/areas/fusion_technology
The following Research Centres and Universities participate in the EUROfusion consortium: NCSR “Demokritos” (NCSRD), National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), University of Thessaly (UTH), Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), University of Ioannina (UoI), Technical University of Crete (TUC), and Hellenic Mediterranean University (HMU).