The 8th EIROforum School on Instrumentation (ESI) will be held 13-17 May 2024 and hosted by ESO and EUROfusion in Garching bei München, Germany.
ESI is jointly organised by the Instrumentation Working Group of the EIROforum organizations.
Its objective is to teach the basic principles of instrumentation to young researchers (PhD students, postdocs) and engineers.
The scientific programme of the 2024 edition will focus on instrumentation topics related to the missions of the EIROforum organizations:
- Detector Design (Sensor Technologies and Front-end Electronics)
- Radiation Damage
- Control, Data Acquisition, and high data volumes
- Machine Learning and Image processing
- Environmental conditions and sensors
- Synchronisation systems
- System Integration and Instrument Design
- Hands on / Practical Sessions (including a visit to the ASDEX Upgrade nuclear fusion reactor)
Please visit https://www.eiroforum.org/esi2024 for more information and to apply for participation.
Registrations will be open from 1 December 2023 to the end of February 2024.